The company was born in Brescia in 1966 from the idea of two metalworking colleagues, little more than forty, who, by combining the first two letters of the names of their respective wives, founded the company "Officina Meccanica Irma"
The workshop initially equipped with 2 used lathes and 1 manual milling machine was placed in a small building of just over 200 m2
in via Genova in the district of Chiesanuova, Brescia.
After a few years one of the two founders, Mr. Giuseppe Gosio, remained alone in the company management and thanks to the acquisition of new customers and new orders started to enhance the workshop.
These were the years of the economic boom and, in the meantime, with the prospect of the entry of the son Roberto in the company, after his studies in mechanical engineering, Giuseppe bought a plot of land in via Rieti again in the Chiesanuova district. The new headquarters were equipped with production department, warehouse and offices.
Initially the supply sector was the textile one and in particular components were produced for the construction of sock machines.In 1980, the company moved permanently to its current location in Via Rieti with about 1000 m2 of covered area.In those years, with the entry of the new generation, the company was introduced in the world of new numerically controlled technologies thus replacing traditional machinery.
In 2016 the company celebrated its 50th year of activity
and with the entry of the third generation, IRMA, in order to increase its competitiveness, is now addressed to a new technological change both in terms of management system
through the implementation of a new ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software with related MES (Manufacturing Execution System), and with the gradual replacement of CNC machines
more and more performing and with lower energy impact.
We are associated with